Sunday, February 19, 2012

aftermath of home-heartbreak

I have been very hesitant about posting pictures anywhere of my parents' house.  If you need to catch up, read my entry about the house fire that took my parents' home on Christmas night. I think I've been hesitant because it's very personal at a level that I wasn't sure was okay for the blog-world.  A strange realization is that I moved in to this house when I was the age that Kien is now. It's been HOME.  I know that people do not always have the best intentions and I felt that posting pictures would make my family more vulnerable to judgments or something.  Maybe it's silly. But I am finally ready to share some pictures and I hope that it helps me move on.  Every time I go up to the house it's like another punch in the gut and my gut is sick of hurting.  Though it's been nearly two months and my parents are settling in to their rental house, it doesn't seem real.

I took these pictures this weekend...



The cabinets were WHITE

The cabinets were white and the back splash was green tile

Kien's toys were in a cabinet

Harry Potter didn't survive the Avada Kedavra curse this time


Patio chairs

Where Kien's rope swing hung



My (deceased) uncle painted this of my great uncle


My dad


poor Barbies

What remains of the Christmas tree

Two mugs up front are a couple I got my dad on my travels seven-ish years ago

My dad's Powerbook


laundry day

No comments:

Post a Comment