Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tipping the scales

Literally!

This morning I put on my comfy-but-cute jeans and they were ....wait for it.... TOO SMALL. I blame camping this past weekend. After all, a diet of beer and chips will do that. Regardless, it's sickening. I haven't lost much weight since having Brayden for a couple reasons- first I'm a lazy ass. I like to walk and do yoga but not when I feel as huge as I do now. Second, I can't diet because I'm Breastfeeding. I have lost lots of weight on Atkins before and I am willing to do it again. I know how, I'm educated in the Atkins interpretation of carbs, and by golly it WORKS for me. So my plan has been to atkins for a month, lose 20 pounds, and then pick yoga back up to shed the last 5 pounds. After actually tipping the scale today and seeing an extra 5 pounds on it I've decided today is the day. I'm already only nursing Brayden at bedtime and at wake up. So if I get some carbs in with dinner, he shouldn't be missing out on any nutrients. I'll also fill him with fruits and starches during the day. If this leads to weening him a little before his first birthday (tomorrow starts the one-month countdown) then I'm all for it too.

My theory is that if I blog every day about what I've eaten that it'll give me accountability and the inability to cheat or lie to myself.

Because I'm not throwing myself 100% into Atkins (carbs at dinner, remember?) my weight-loss wont be as rapid as it would if I were totally cold-turkeying carbs. But I'm okay with that. I just hate being this FAT. Yes I say fat because I am currently 30 pounds over MY normal and it's gross.

Ready---set---Atkins.

Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment