Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Green Veggies

The smell of green veggies, specifically peas and broccoli is starting to make me sick. Other than baby mum mums and the snack Puffs, Brayden only eats green veggies (and sometimes mixed with baby cereal). So when a dirty diaper smelling like fermented peas enters my life every day, I reaffirm the fact that I will never again eat peas. Not that I really HAVE anyways, except in pork and peas.

Even though it grosses me out, here's a method, and reason, for my veggie faze. Kien had a really great pediatrician when he was born. She has since moved out of state but I always agreed with her crazy methods and styles so I've stuck with them for Brayden. The eating schedule she gave is:
1: Poi (if you aren't from Hawaii, google it) and/or rice cereal.
2: Green veggies (Brayden has so far has green beans, peas, avocado, and broccoli. Next week he'll have spinach which I cook up and blend with water and baby cereal)
3: orange veggies like carrots, corn,and then we'll also enter into sweet potato. Whether purple or orange depends on the season.
4: fruits
5: meats. For the first year, that's ALL I think. I can't remember about yogurt, but I think that comes with other dairy like milk at one year old.

Anyways, that's why I'm sick of green veggies. Don't put anything green on my plate for a while please. Thank you.

Greened-out,
Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment