Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fun stuff these last few days :)

Okay so it might actually sound lame to some super exciting single folk, but I have LOVED these past two days. Walked Kien to school which is a blessing in itself that I get to live so close to his school AND that I get to even walk him to school. When I was going back to work after maternity, one of the [many] things I cried about was that I wouldn't get to walk Kien to school anymore. Walking to the school isn't the only reason these days have been happy. I feel like I am slowly DOING THINGS. For example:
My room has been a wreck. It still is, but at least the clothes are hung, walkway is clear (wait, I can actually access my dresser?!), and so far I've filled an entire garbage bag of...garbage. 16 months of shopping receipts, cut-off tags, paystubs, ripped magazines... (don't worry, I recycle paper goods). I also cleaned off, PAINTED the back inside of the bookshelf, and reorganized the shelf. It's dust and clutter free. For now. Still lots to go but it's a major improvement. AGH enough about my bedroom.
I also spray painted a bunch of picture frames white and added some decor to the hallway. Like everything else in my life, it's a work-in-progress but it'll be fine how it is now and I can add on later.
I baked cookies on Monday. I made banana muffins tonight for Kien's class tomorrow. Those two things make me feel good :)

I got a custom invitation order through etsy! That was awesome too. Then the Etsy bug caught me and I bought a new printer so I can f-i-n-a-l-l-y print my stuff from home and sell more!! And, the last big purchase I can make for a while, or for forever, is a new (used) camera!!! About a year and a half ago my Canon Rebel Xsi was STOLEN. Today we received our new Rebel :) its not the newest thing but it's all we will use, and a price that can't be beat.
I also made more Christmas card templates!! So those are ready...

So many little things that make me feel so good inside. Or maybe it's the holiday spirit bit my ass. Whatever it is, I love it :)

"it's the most wonderful time of the year"
-Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment