Friday, October 21, 2011

tgiF and FNMN

Here I am...sitting.... putting Brayden to sleep. I'll be sitting here for probably another 20 minutes. I know I totally asked for this when I kicked Dr.Ferber and all the other cry-it-out sleep training techniques to the curb. But I'm sticky, covered with green beans, and all I wanna do is shower. Then I wanna snuggle up to Kien for our [over two year old] tradition, Friday Night Movie Night. A couple years ago Ryan was working two jobs, one of which being a night job at a restaurant. It was during that time when it was just me and Kien to spend our time together. We'd go on dates to the restaurant up the road. We always went to Taco Tuesday at "daddy's work", we had a lot of Play Doh time, and we ALWAYS had Friday Night Movie Night. Kien wasn't allowed to watch tv on weeknights so I referred to Fridays as my "lazy mom" nights. I didn't care whether or not Kien ate a good dinner and I let him binge out on popcorn during the movie. Then we'd snuggle up on the huge couch that was in our rental at the time and watch any movie Kien picked. It was literally my heaven. I would usually fall asleep before the movie was done and I'd wake up at the end of a totally different movie and find Kien passed out next to me with popcorn kernels all over his pajamas. The tradition has always continued but evolved in various ways; daddy was able to join us once he stopped working nights. Then when I was pregnant with Brayden it was even more special because Kien would cuddle up to my belly and we'd enjoy our movie. Now I have to spend an hour putting Brayden to bed before I can join Kien. There HAVE been times when Brayden joined us for FNMN, but he doesn't go to sleep like normal and then his routine is squashed. I'll get in to detail about my crazy routine later, and talk about my miraculous sleep chart, which will probably make an appearance in my Etsy store as soon as I figure out how to professionalize it ;)

Well Brayden might finally be ready to go in his crib and I hear Yo Gabba Gabba theme music coming from the living room. Gonna shower and intervene on that PRONTO.

TGIF for FNMN,
Lyn

This picture is from FNMN two weeks ago when Brayden joined our party then stayed up until 11PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment