Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween. T-minus... holy cow it's soon!

Tomorrow night is a Halloween thing at the school. Brayden's costume isn't ready. Great, huh!? Aaah!! Brayden is going to be an owl, and possibly a wingless owl if I don't figure out a simple functionable way to make wings tonight. I'm an Indian. Get it? Owl and Indian. I know, it's totally cute. Kien and Ryan are Jedi. Ryan is really a Syth, not Jedi, but same-same in the scheme of things. Unless the "scheme of things" actually involve the force, and in that case the Jedi and Syth are complete opposites.

So Halloween is on Monday this year. I will always maintain my opinion that Halloween either needs to be moved to the last Saturday of October or that the day after Halloween should be a school holiday. Halloween is a kids play night. They should be allowed to get a sugar high until after bedtime, and to run wild with their friends and play the role that matches their superhero or vampire costume. Instead Kien will be making it home on time for his 7:15 bed time. Is that lame? I could let him fight the dark side of the force as late as he wants, and let him take (his first) a tardy on Tuesday. but will I?? Or CAN I?

Undecided and dilemma'ed-out,
Lyn

No comments:

Post a Comment